An idea wakes me out of sloth. Did my creator design a blueprint before I was born? Did I owe my birth to the design that guided me through the turmoil of war and peace?
This design is not a fixed one. We are not supposed to follow it as it is.
On the contrary, we can change it. You would bring peace to your life as soon as you could get your violent nature changed! You would bring harmony to your life as soon as you could get your greediness changed. (However, I support the greediness of knowledge! :))
Having an inordinate appetite for materials that you don’t need, only makes things bad. For you. For everybody around you.
A design of life implements the design of destiny; but it is at your hands to change it.
Change the sad song to a happy one. Enjoy it!
Anger is like holding a piece of burning coal in your hand; you have planned to throw at somebody.
You have an intense anger. Being angry with this person has made you forget that holding a piece of burning coal is actually hurting you!
Buddha, many years ago, realized it and warned us about “wrath”, one of seven deadly sins.
Hostile or warlike attitude does not give us peace. It is a kind of aggressiveness or pugnacity that we should always be careful about; furthermore, a state of deep-seated ill-will remains with us forever.
We don’t want war; we want peace.
Sit quiet. Alone. Think about the seven deadly sins.
Do you have pride, greed, lust, envy, gluttony, wrath, and sloth?
I have. Yes, some of them. Sometimes, in the past, recent or long ago, I don’t remember now. I was an unfortunate person who suffered from the seven deadly sins.
We all did. Human beings are tricked, either by environmental or by internal circumstance and suffer from the adverse circumstance.
I ask myself a few questions. Do I know everything? The answer is NO. Self-respect goes perfectly fine. However, unreasonable and inordinate self-esteem invite trouble – that becomes a sin, according to the Christian teachings. That is pride.
According to Bhagavad Gita, don’t expect from what you are doing; you are doing nothing new; someone has done it before; somebody will do it after you. Enjoy your work. Don’t take pride in your work.
Is there any difference between greed and lust? Yes, a subtle one. It is difficult to make fine distinctions. Greed for money, lust for someone. Somebody hankers for fame! That is greed. It does not last. Lust for a man or woman does not last.
This is for today’s post. I will write again, later. On other aspects of seven deadly sins. Besides, I want your suggestions.
Peace and desire, both are endless.
But you cannot fulfill your desire. It is like a bucket that has a hole.
While getting a bodily pleasure, your brain never stops. After some time, your brain wants more variety. And after that, it wants again. This wanton never stops.
Peace has no connection with bad consequences. A desire always does. Anxiety, tension, a fear of getting caught always chase you like a demon.
A physical thrill and psychological kick end in mess. Like a vicious cycle, like an octopus, the endless desire embraces you. Not the embrace of love; it gives you sleepless nights-one after another.
However, is desire always bad?
The ancient mariner had killed the Albatross. Later he repented.
What happened afterward? The fiery storm damaged the ship. The monster waves drowned the children.
They tried to escape from the fire-spitting missiles. They tried to escape from the claw of death. The children from Afghanistan, Libya, Syria, Iraq, tried to escape the fire, destruction, and death.
But, tell me one truth. How did the US military build the pin-pointed missiles? It flew a thousand miles and struck the hideouts of the terrorists in Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, and Libya.
Sometimes, they fell on the wrong targets. Houses, where children were playing.
And, boom! The cloak of darkness.
Geodetic or geometric data fired the salvo.
What is that? It is scientific data. The scientific community needs it. Measuring the shape and size of this planet is difficult. The geodetic or geometric data helps us.
But, the US military builds the missiles, using the same data. The published declassified documents tell us the inside story.
NASA did not want this. Tight cooperation between NASA and the US military agencies allowed them to use the same geodetic data.
NASA wanted for scientific endeavor. Military wanted them for building missiles, killing terrorists and common people at same breath.
NASA wanted documents to remain unclassified. So, they bickered and bickered. The conscience roared at the silent ears.
The US missiles used the NASA technology to build the missiles. NASA used their cameras to photograph the moonwalk.
Pause. Human civilization.
Thought, if you would like to read the Full Article
Sometimes an indefinitely large force of brief duration produces a finite momentum. In Physics, it is called “Impulse”.
This strange bond between indefinition and the terminable whole gamut of emotions, from happiness to sorrow and back, seems fuzzy, abstruse, and inscrutable. Although beyond our comprehension, it takes full control and forces us to do things that we don’t do in general with enough reasoning power.
When we act on impulse, we don’t understand we’re acting on impulse. It’s tragic but true. Our logical sense fails us; it’s a complete failure, irreversible; and it allows animal heat take the steering of our mind to drive us to a dark corridor where we don’t want to step in, not even in our bad dreams.
The ‘impulse’ comes, a sudden appearance; it forces us, instructs us-do this, do that and we obey without any protest. An all-pervasive, momentary blindness consumes us, like fire, destroying our logical senses, reasoning power for a brief duration.
After producing a finite momentum that ‘indefinitely large force’ suddenly disappears leaving us in a state of complete disarray and a usual disaster follows.
We buy something on impulse, splurging money. Later we repent-oh, we could have spent that money in a more meaningful way. But it’s too late!
We cannot suppress our sexual impulse and later we either repent alone or get punished somehow or other.
What can I do? What can you do? What can we do?
You may try these simple rules in your life.
- Slow down. What’s all the hurry for? Just refuse to be hurried into a decision. Remember, only devils are in hurry and they always provoke you to take a decision in such a hurry that you must mistake.
- Remember rule number one again. Slowing down, or planning in well advance doesn’t mean an unwillingness to work or make any effort. This is wisdom.
- Ask yourself one question: am I in full control of myself? Try to control only yourself, not others. At the same time don’t let others control you or your decisions.
- Anger and libido are silent killers. If you let them rule over you, you are away from the correct path. However, this is the way people or animals naturally behave or react.
What we can do to avoid unpleasant situations? Remember rule number one.
- Releasing anger and libido in private, alone is the perfectly sane solution. Go to the toilet, close the door, be alone and vent your anger, frustration, animal heat-alone. Yes, alone. Not in public. This world is a stage and we all are actors. I hope you get the clue.
- Technology is going to change this world in the coming years and yes, this change will affect many things including our lifestyle. Learn technology that suits your mindset.
- There is three categories-a basic user who knows the basic operations and aware of security breaches, a front-end developer and aware of security breaches, and finally, a programmer who knows technology upside down. Learn it at your pace. Remember, when the outside world is changing you must take part, otherwise, you will lag behind.
- Knowledge is your real investment and your true friend in difficult times.
- Whatever you do, a bank job, hotel job, maybe you are in sales and services, whatever your profession is, besides that try to find out the real passion that gives you real pleasure when you are alone.
- In most cases, people are not happy with what he does as a professional. So, find out your true passion and plan to give it at least ten years to master the subject. It will save you one day when your unhappiness as a professional reaches the peak and you think about leaving the job. However, by that time you are in a position to take the harshest decision of your life.
- Now you have mastered something that might be a good launching pad to start a new profession that you really love and care about. Remember, in the age of technology, age is a number. You can start learning anything anytime without spending money; that’s the good side of technology. There are plenty of bad sides, but you’ll be going to be aware of them, isn’t it?
- To learn anything new, all you need is a computer and an Internet connection.
- Always try to save 40 to 50 percent of the money you are earning. Is there any relation between impulse and savings? Yes, everything is related to our life.
- Imagine a situation where you have done something out of impulse and now you’re trying to rectify it, you’re trying to focus more on your living and find that without taking the voluntary unemployment you cannot do that. Your savings might come to your help at that time to give you enough time to settle in your new role.
- Finally, last but not least; remember the rule number one before taking any decision.